LIFETIME MOORING ADJUSTMENT
The STEVADJUSTER® is an innovative, cost-effective and time-saving solution for chain adjustment, pre-tensioning of moorings and easy connection or disconnection of anchor lines. The entire operation takes place subsea and does not require the use of winches or other heavy equipment on the platform being moored. Therefore, the bollard pull of the vessels involved in the operation does not need to be prohibitively high. Modest installation or maintenance vessels have sufficient capacity to get the job done. The use of this subsea chain adjuster offers significant safety benefits, as the tensioning operation is performed away from the floater.
Simplicity and through-life flexibility
The STEVADJUSTER® makes it possible to use winchless platforms, which significantly reduces the CAPEX of the floater. The platform side is simplified to a plain connection point such as a padeye, and no power is needed. Typically, fewer modest vessels are required during the hook-up and operation, further reducing cost.
The unit is designed for the lifetime of the project and requires no specific maintenance. The STEVADJUSTER® can be used for a wide range of different mooring systems and it is particularly efficient when used in a 3-leg mooring system where adjusting a single leg allows tensioning of all three at the same time. Additionally, the chain does not have to be cut, which makes it possible to lengthen the lines at a later date.
The STEVADJUSTER® stays in place for the entire lifetime, enabling easy re-tensioning or slackening of the system for disconnection and reconnection.
The system uses the winch capacity from the installation or maintenance vessel. The platform stays lean, and the tensioning process is performed away from the floater, minimising the risks associated with this marine operation.
The anchors are pre-laid and the non-adjustable lines connected to the floater. With the adjustable line connected last under minimal tension, the chain can then be pulled through and locked in the STEVADJUSTER® at the required tension, and all at a safe distance from the floating asset.
- Lower CAPEX - no need for expensive winches, cutting materials, or power at platform.
- Lower OPEX – fewer modest vessels for operations; minimal maintenance over lifetime.
- Safe - mooring length can be adjusted away from the platform; no hot work.
- Built to order - any size is possible, to suit any specific chain diameter and project application.
- Robust design – proven offshore materials and construction.
- Superior fatigue life - long-term use for line connection, disconnection, length adjustments and line pre-tensioning.
- Excess chain retained - remains on the seabed to be recovered for future shortening or lengthening.